Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Secret # 2: You Are Precious

"But even the hairs of your head are numbered. Have no fear: you are of more value than a flock of sparrows." -Luke 12:7

To My Beautiful Children,

There are so many lessons that I hope you will hold confidently in your heart when you approach the world during your school years and beyond. In addition to understanding the relationship between your actions and the future, I hope that you are sure, no-matter what happens in your life, that YOU ARE Precious. There can never be another you, and your life was planned by God.

How does Mommy know this is true? Faith...and observation. I have been with you from your human beginning. I named you when you were still my secret. I wanted each one of you, and put aside my fears to make your lives reality. I'm watching you grow closely. I can say with certainty that each one of you is unique, and wonderful.

There will be times in your lives when you feel persecuted in various ways, and that makes me sad. Mommy's instinct is to protect you, but I can't interfere with your lives. You have to deal with people and events independently when you are older. Please be patient with me as I get accustomed to this fact of life. Even when you make mistakes, you are still my precious children, and I believe it is worth the effort to get back up and keep walking toward your goals. I'm one hundred percent sure that God has great plans for each one of you.

Love Always,

Mommy

4 comments:

Putz said...

you know all i was really trying to do on order of heaven was what you are trying to do here...praise women, value children that is the result of creation..i believe man and wife are equal, but we cannot create and grow like you women can

Putz said...

ps i love your taste in music nora jones sunrise sunrise, wohooo hoowoooo, to you, surpise, surprise, written all over my face, see weve made it through the day to you

Loren Christie said...

I think it is difficult for men to be removed from the process of birth. I view pregnancy as a gift... I wonder why God is unequal in giving it to women exclusively. Even my doctor has commented on how society takes for granted the delicate process of pregnancy and birth, (because of technology and modern medicine). He said this after a sudden, potentially dangerous to me, complication happened immediately following the delivery of my third. (SO GLAD I GAVE BIRTH IN THIS CENTURY!)Personally, I grumbled unhappily about many physical aspects of being pregnant, but the parts that were cool made the whole of it worth it. To me, my faith was made concrete by experiencing the miracle of life.

jenx67 said...

what a precious letter - i loved that line - i named you when you were still my secret.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog