Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Loren is not a Salmon, Who's With ME!?

It's soapbox time. I've kept my mouth shut for several weeks, (in regard to politics), but not today. Here's something President Obama recently said:

"...And all the while, critical debates and difficult decisions were put off for some other time on some other day. Well that day of reckoning has arrived, and the time to take charge of our future is here. Now is the time to act boldly and wisely..."

I'm listening in the car, and I turn up the radio. Does he know that his speech-writer is pro-life? Here are some ideas that I can agree with. President Obama wants to cover our problems as a nation with a giant band-aid. His priorities are fueled by societal pressures and political maneuvering. His lack of conscious is damaging to our future as a country. Have you read 1984 by George Orwell and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? I bet if you look in President Obama's night table drawer, you'll find both books highlighted and dog-eared. Personally, that is not the kind of world I want to live in. Americans have to send this leader a strong message reminding him and his Secretary of State that many of us DO value the sanctity of human life even over national and foreign economic problems. Peace and true prosperity is NOT possible without respect for life.

You can take action this week and let our President know that he's right, "the day of reckoning has arrived," Uncle Sam has to put his FOOT DOWN and take a moral stand on life. Send this leader the message that: Americans are not Salmon, we protect our offspring. Here's how:

The Red Envelope Campaign
The idea behind the Red Envelope Campaign is to bombard the White House with red envelopes, symbolizing the lives that have been prevented by abortion in the United States. The ideal send date is March 31 or ASAP. If people send the envelopes from all over the US this week, the White House will receive them during Passover and Holy Week. Click here for the address and instructions:http://redenvelopecampaign.com/

The picture is from somewhere in cyberspace. I can not identify these men, but they have just caught a Hot King Salmon.

10 comments:

Esmerelda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Loren Christie said...

In regard to the Red Envelope Project responses: Hateful, cynical comments are not welcome here. Write them on your own blog.

Koala Bear Writer said...

Loren, the red envelope project sounds like a great idea. I hope lots of people participate, and that the White House listens. Here in Canada, we're watching what Obama does, and MANY Canadians are very disapointed by how anti-life he is. Speak out!!! :)

Loren Christie said...

Thanks Koala :)

David said...

Too bad you can't have a legitimate dialogue on the issue.

I was being honest and forthcoming. Why you chose to banish my comment is perplexing if you are so sure you are right.

Sad, indeed

Esmerelda said...

You posted a public blog and invited comments. I said nothing disrespectful.

Why the deletion? I don't understand.

Loren Christie said...

David and Esmerelda,
Your tone was hostile. If you look at my past pro-life posts you'll see that I usually welcome debate. I am pro-life and I will not change. Go to u-tube and watch an abortion performed by a doctor to see one reason why I feel so strongly against it.Look at pictures of disgarded fetuses, (especially in late-term abortions). Talk to the women I've met who were wounded emotionally for life by the experience, and then you might understand. Look at ANY helpless fetus on a sonogram monitor who has NO voice. That's why I feel pro-choice. If you don't because of your experiences or opinions, that's ok. I disagree and I will do what I can to bring about change. It's a free country.

David said...

I was hostile with my comments? I don't think so.

My biological mother was denied reproductive choice in 1951. She had no choice but to deliver a baby. I was that baby. No one wanted to adopt me. I was sentenced to years in an orphanage followed by further years in foster care by uncaring people who collected funds.

I spent years wishing I had never been born.

Who are you to tell me my experiences count for nothing? I repect your goal of no child being aborted but that assumes that your catholic compatriots step up and provide loving homes. Again, I ask, how many unwanted babies have you adopted?

I was that baby no one wanted. Tell me now that I have no right to my opinion....

Loren Christie said...

The White House confirms it received 2.25 million red envelopes protesting abortion, making this the one of the largest mailing campaigns in the last 35 years. I guess some people agree with me after all.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog