Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Gratitude List

For Lent, in place of being too weak to give up chocolate, I'm feasting on gratitude. That means every Monday I post a list of what I'm thankful for at the moment. Anyone who'd like to join me is tagged, or send me a comment. (I enjoyed your feedback last Monday...)

I'm so thankful:
1. that it's time to think about gardening and plant some Pansies.
2. I have a very supportive and loving Milk Man. (inside joke, for those of you new to the blog)
3. for ice cream brownie sundaes, and other foods with a hot/cold contrast.
4. to have a sense that God is walking with me.
5. to occasionally "see" the way my life touches other lives for the better.
6. that I'm not a Met's fan.
7. okay...serious thoughts....for my new extra-soft pillow.
8. for Mr. Norman Whiskers.
9. lilacs, my favorite flower, will be blooming soon.
10. that I have been blessed with the realization of my talents.

Last one for good luck...
11. that if my life ended right this second, I'd be positively sure that I've been an example of courage and conviction.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I like them all except #6!

Caity said...

Number 6 made me giggle. That's a beautiful list of things to be thankful for. I think I am going to try and do this. I've been feeling a bit pessimistic lately and it would probably help me to smile more.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog