Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Brain is Drained Today But I'll Write Anyway Meme

I got this meme from Thursday Thunks to help me write today. Baby Bigfoot has a stomach virus and I was up all night with him. I'll spare you the graphics and do this meme instead. All my blogger buddies are tagged. Send me a comment if you play. All readers are welcome to answer as well in comment form.

1. You are driving and there is a puddle in the road. A big puddle. Not one that will really wreck your car or anything, but a big puddle. There is no other cars in front of you or behind you - do you drive through the puddle or drive around it?

I shout "GO, GO GADGET CAR WINGS!" Then I fly over that puddle in my iron bird, or I just drive through it slowly.

2. Go to Google Images, type in any word that comes to mind and post the 1st picture you see.
Don't ask what I typed.












3. A college calls you up and says that you have been selected to take get any degree that you want on their dollar.... what do you choose?

Master of Theology or Master of the Universe

4. Are you blogging on a laptop or desktop? Why?

5. Which store, excluding a grocery store, do you shop at most often? Target

6. Were you ever in a school play/musical? Which one? Yes. 12 Angry Men. I was the juror who got to play with a pocket knife. There were others, but that is the only one I remember. Oh, and I played the part of rain personified when I was five.

7. I read yesterday that a school PTA group wants to try to ban white bread, cakes, brownies or any other "treat" from their lunch menus... plus make kids' lunchboxes brought from home not include any "junk food". Thoughts on that one?

"TEACHER, LEAVE THEM KIDS ALONE!"

8. How many people can your kitchen table seat?
Four people and one dwarf.

9. What time is it right now? Time to clean the basement.

10. Walk out the front door of your house/apartment, turn right, walk 2 blocks. What do you see? Handcuffs. I just let Hell Hound babysit a preschooler and a toddler.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I would drive around the puddle. And I definitely think the kids' diet police are getting ridiculous. In kindergarten I went through the trouble of making my son a corn muffin as a healthy snack and the teacher wouldn't let him eat it because it was a muffin!!! I was so mad!!!

Loren Christie said...

WHAT? He could not eat a muffin?! Is his teacher a Communist?!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Thanks for vindicating my own reaction! The teacher had sent out healthy snack rules at the beginning of the year. Fruits and veggies and pretzels were all okay. By the end of the week we always run out of fresh produce because my kids are fruit hogs. You know how hard it is to pack up all the kids to go to the store. It was easier to whip up a package of Jiffy corn muffin mix, which I thought would be considered healthy. She heard from me in a note and she responded by reiterating that it was a muffin, therefore not within the parameters of the healthy snack rule.

Loren Christie said...

Elizabeth, Wow that is really rigid. It makes me want to pick up little junior, take him out to the school parking lot, and let him eat a tray of muffins in front of Mrs. Crabtree's window. Oh no- refocus! Let's Eliminate Negative Thinking...okay, I'm better now.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

How is the little one with big feet? Is he over the stomach virus yet?

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog