Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Marriage: Oh, It's Funny

Milk Man is off for spring break starting tomorrow. I feel like I haven’t seen him in a month. Even though I’m very glad he’ll be on vacation, there are a lot of mundane tasks that I need his help with around the house. They’ve been piling up. I don’t want to write him a list. How do I tell him I need help without being a nag? As one might imagine, his day at work included some joking and extra good humor. I’m trying to figure out how to approach him about a honey do list as he talks about work at dinner.

“You know, I can be really funny sometimes.”

“Oh, I know that.” I say trying not to grin. “In fact, sometimes you’re on a roll, unstoppably funny AND smart. Those are moments when I just have to wonder where you get the magic.”

Milk Man pauses, suspecting half way through my praise that I’m full of it. “When have I been that funny?”

I pause to think and chew the crust of my pizza. “Well, for example, the time you cleaned the attic out for me, or when you do yard work. It’s just plain sexy when you hammer a nail and if you took a look at the leak in the turret roof you’d be so incredibly funny AND smart.”

Milk Man scratches his head, thinking. "I’m seriously funny and attractive when I do work around the house?” He asks. I shake my head in approval.

“Alright, I’ll look at the leak tomorrow.” He says.

I’m a marriage genius.

4 comments:

jenX67 said...

that was pure genius. i'm totally stealing this.

Putz said...

you are wicked, yes WICKED...flattery will get you, well i don't know where it will get you with milkman

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I'll have to try that!

Caity said...

Haha that was awesome. :D

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog