Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Gratitude List

I started making this list on Mondays during Lent in an effort to think from a perspective of gratitude. Anyone who wants to join me is tagged. Send me a comment or a link to your list. Happy Monday!
This week, Loren is thankful for:

1. The gift of Easter, and freedom of religion.
2. lilacs- how they look and smell...LOVE them. I can see buds on the tree that I've dug up and transplanted every time I move.
3. birds- so many little ones chirping like mad in the treetops surrounding my house.
4. rest in the middle of a day! - naps in the sunlight with Norman Whiskers on my favorite chair.

5. Milk Man is home from work this week and he's giving me such a break.
6. sunflower bread from a farm bakery - you have to try this.
7. prize package coming from Women on Writing in the mail this week!

8. The book The Alchemist gives me courage to persistently follow dreams- Thank you Paulo Coelho.

9. finally pursuing writing and putting aside my self-criticism by querying children's book publishers this week with various projects.

10. The peace that comes with a good night's sleep.



11. good health



12. family and friends

Top Picture is Milk Man and I celebrating Easter with friends at a local restaurant on Saturday night. Milk Man and baby Bigfoot's godfather are wearing the same shirt. (Yes, his wife and I planned that to amuse ourselves.)
Second picture: Loren sees her cousins for the holiday!

4 comments:

Putz said...

i love my birds, with 50 lbs. of birdseed from mole wart, i have finches, red yellow, mauve, brusk, green, tan, mauve again, doves, blackbirds, robins, sparrows, crows,

Mr. Norman Whiskers said...

Wow! you have mauve birds?! How yummy, er...I mean beautiful!

jenX67 said...

MM is giving you a break!! YEAH!!! I actually picked off some lilacs in the yard of an abandoned house recently. Thinking of going back tomorrow for more. Ha!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Good luck with your children's book proposals!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog