Saturday, April 18, 2009

Monday Gratitude List

I'm writing this on Saturday, in case I don't have time to post on Monday. Baby Bigfoot's second birthday is approaching. I can't believe how fast he is growing now. This week, as always, I am so thankful for my beautiful children, and very caring husband. I am also grateful for:

1. A nap on my favorite chair with Mr. Norman Whiskers.
2. the smell of lavender and baby powder on freshly bathed children.
3. clean sheets and a warm bed.
4. grocery money- this used to be a struggle.
5. owning a house.
6. my children are healthy and safe.
7. singing birds and sunlight.
8. peonies coming up.
9. Ralph's chocolate Italian ices.
10. Susan, the nurse who noticed a problem and saved me from needing a blood transfusion after I delivered baby Bigfoot. I'll never forget her.

Readers, tell me what you're thankful for in a comment. Happy Weekend/Monday!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I'm thankful for my writing friends :) I'm also thankful for people who lend me books right when I really need them :) And believe it or not I'm thankful for baseball :)

Bear Midnight Miller said...

I'm thankful for veal chop bones. Thanks Mom :) Happy Birthday to Big Foot from all of us!

jenX67 said...

#4 - really got me. It is still a struggle for so many people.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog