Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Letter...Continued, Part 6

Darcy meets Tom out for coffee while he's supposed to be picking up dry cleaning.
"I think she knows, Tom, and finding out has pushed her off the edge mentally. She's repressing her anger, and it's coming out in the form of these hallucinations."

Tom shakes his head. "How can she know about us?"

"She had an ...episode. In my office. Her other personality called me a tramp. She knows Tom, and I don't feel comfortable treating her. In fact, I think we should take a break from this for a while."

Tom's eyes widen. "A break from...this? What?"

"From us. Tom. Us. I'm just uncomfortable. If you get a divorce it's one thing, but you won't. Look, I'll keep treating Sherry, but the affair ends now. I'm sorry."

Tom drives home furious. He cuts off a Mac truck, and actually feels sorry he lives through the stunt. It's all Sherry's fault. He needs to get rid of the B... himself. Maybe then Darcy will take him back and he'll still have the business. A thought creeps into his skull. Suicide. He'll stage Sherry's death with an old 9 millimeter pistol he found wrapped up in a man's cotton undershirt inside a discarded box marked "Do Not Throw Out" at the shop. It must be fate. It's a loaded gun.

(Hi. It took three entries today between cooking pancakes, playing Diego Matching Game, and vacuuming to set this story up for the ending tomorrow. Stay tuned. I'm really entertaining myself now. Click on the lable "letter" at the top of the post to read all 6 parts.
- Loren)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

You might like the HBO show "In Treatment" that is currently mid-season. I look forward to seeing how this ends!

Loren Christie said...

Elizabeth,
I'll have to look for that show. I do like Medium like Mr. Brague suggested, if it is not about missing children. That always makes me cry!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog