Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday Gratitude List

I started posting a gratitude list during Lent, and I think it's a nice way to get into the habit of focusing on the blessings in my life. I really enjoy reading what you are thankful for. Tell me in a comment or post on your blog and let me know so I can take a look. -Loren

1. I caught my kids reading together. This makes me so happy.









2. Baby Bigfoot makes me laugh a lot,... or cry when he destroys things, ...but this is a gratitude list, so I'll stick to the laughing incidents.




















3. I went to Yankee Stadium Friday night. It was my first time seeing the new stadium, and I think it is impressive and beautiful. Gone are the days of driving into the Bronx and rolling down the window in front of the stadium to buy an overpriced fake playoff ticket from someone in the road. A lot has changed. It is cleaner and there are people with signs all over the place that read: "How Can I Help You?" As a New Yorker, I'm not used to that. There is less concrete- what I mean is that you can see the game from every point in the stadium, even while purchasing food. Plus, there are televisions everywhere. There are nice shops and a museum on the ground floor. Did I mention the food? You can eat anything you want, from hot dogs to high quality restaurant food. The food is still overpriced, but the tickets are reasonable in most areas of the stadium. There is even a bar above the bleachers, and standing room tickets for seven dollars each, like Shakespeare's globe theater. That's right, you can be a groundling. Old stadium, or new, there's nothing like experiencing the energy of collective joy within a crowd of thousands. I don't mean to offend baseball fan readers from other parts of the country, but in my opinion, there's nothing like going to a baseball game in New York. The crowd is unique. Here are my pics of the new stadium:

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I am thankful when I hear the sound of my children laugh.

I agree, watching my children read would be something to be pumped about and the hat...too cute!

Nothing beats a great outdoors baseball game! Fun pictures!

~ Wendy

Putz said...

boy am i offended....you knoww i think our closest ball stadium is the rangers in fort worth and randy johnson, unless you count the salt lake bees

Koala Bear Writer said...

I'm grateful for sunshine after a long winter... for a baby girl who wants to walk everywhere we go (even if that slows us down--or maybe especially because it slows us down)... for a great hubby who's coming home soon from work... :)

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I am thankful that my daughter finally developed her "windmill pitch" and I got to see it without my toddler to distract me - I hardly even noticed the rain.

Loren Christie said...

Wendy, Mr. Putz, Koala, Elizabeth, loved your comments. Thanks.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog