Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Gratitude List

Every week I post a gratitude list, because it's good to get into the habit of recognizing gifts.





Today I am thankful for flowers.





Here is a little poem about how I feel about flowers. I'm not much of a poet, but I tried writing a Haiku. A Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry consisting of three lines and 17 syllables. The first line and the last line usually contain 5 syllables and the middle line usually contains 7 syllables. I'd love to hear what you're grateful for. Send me a comment, or a Haiku if you are daring.



Here's mine:










Flowers mark the doors





In life's moments they whisper:





"My Child, You are loved."





Pictures are from my backyard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For my mid-day break
Sudoku helps pass the time
My sanity saved

I am thankful for the NYT "medium" difficultly level of Sudoku, which is just hard enough to give me a mid-afternoon break from being a journalist and clear the head without taking too long to solve...

GT

Loren Christie said...

That's a good one, G! :)

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Loren your flowers are beautiful and so is your poem! I am going to try one. Maybe it'll be one of my "small successes" as I've had so many failures this week! GT I also enjoy doing the medium-difficulty Sudoku in the newspaper. And using the logic side of your brain is a good way to take a break from the verbal one.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog