Monday, June 15, 2009

Gratitude List

This past weekend Milk Man surprised me with a trip to Boston for our anniversary. So I am thankful to him for being so thoughtful, to my parents for watching the kids for us, and to our friends for watching Hell Hound, (now that's friendship). Send me a comment. I'd love to hear what you are thankful for. Here are some pictures from our trip:



















Public Gardens, Statue of Paul Revere, Boston Harbor, Public Gardens again, Charles Street, squirrel tried to mug me, Cheers- (didn't know my name), Garden of St. Francis of Assisi at Old North Church, Beacon St. Historic street near famous Oyster Bar, bridge, brownstones, angel statue in Public Gardens.

7 comments:

Caity said...

Aww, looks like you had a fantastic time! Lovely pictures! That is very sweet and romantic! What a nice anniversary gift!!

I am thankful for such great friends helping me plan my wedding, as well as Josh for being so understanding while I'm all stressed out about it.

jen said...

i love what you've done with these photos. the purple flowers are so pretty, and so are you, loren. that is a great pic of you.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend together! You two really deserve it! The pictures are really terrific.

Stefunkc said...

What a fun trip!

Loren Christie said...

Thank you for the very kind comments. :)

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

This is what I am thankful for today: Sitting on a sunny field where kids are playng ball games everywhere and my toddler is on top of a giant dirt hill in her pretty pink dress and white sandals. Going to a friend's house and sharing life stories. Having the kids asleep in their beds after a long, busy day.

Loren Christie said...

Your toddler looked so precious in that dainty little dress.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog