Monday, June 22, 2009

Gratitude List

Getting into the habit of counting your blessings (especially the small day-to-day things) is very good for your health, according to a lady I know who is 104 years old. So I do that here on the blog once a week. Join me if you like on your blog or in my comments. Happy Monday!

This week I am thankful for:

1. adding Lavender and Black Eyed Susans to my garden.


2. getting to plan and throw a special party for someone I love a lot.


3. one of my cousins moved back to L.I.


4. My dad cooked a nice Father's day breakfast yesterday for the whole family


5. Chocolate Fondue with the kids

5 comments:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I'm thankful for my new computer mouse!

Koala Bear Writer said...

Chocolate fondue with the kids is pretty daring! I can picture chocolate all over... :)

I'm thankful my husband has another job interview. He's really thankful too! He hates job hunting. Hopefully this one will result in a job...

Loren Christie said...

Koala, Your imagined picture is correct: chocolate everywhere. I hope your husband gets the job too.

Milk Man said...

Are those kids old enough to be drinking wine? (Wine in background)

Loren Christie said...

The wine is for me so I can laugh as the chocolate flies past my head.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog