Friday, June 19, 2009

Remember, Princess, It's All About the Climb


Last year, when the princess was on stage in a dance recital for the first time at three years old, I cried. This year I did not cry, in fact, I thought my face was safe because I felt totally composed through dress rehearsal. Then we got in the car and that Hannah Montana song came on the radio. I glanced back and saw the princess belting it out with so much sincere expression...and the words sung off-key in her loud baby voice choked me up. She seemed to grow up a bit in the rear view mirror, and her strength of spirit was so beautiful at that moment. Crocodile tears messed up my makeup. I wanted to fold up and store the scene. Then someday, when she is not so sure of herself, I could take it out and remind her of her strength.




"I can almost see it
That dream I’m dreaming but
There’s a voice inside my head sayin,
You’ll never reach it,
Every step I’m taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high


There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an up-hill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb!" - Miley Cyrus


(song is last on playlist at bottom of blog)

6 comments:

Stefunkc said...

Beautiful picture! And beautiful moment:c)

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I cry every time I watch my kids on stage. Sometimes I cry when I see them make a good play in a ball game too! And I cried whenever I watched my little sister do gymnastics. You both look beautiful.

Loren Christie said...

Thanks gals!

Putz said...

way to go princess

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. I wonder if your princess takes dance at the same place as my neices and my best man's daughter, as they also had dance recitals this past weekend...

GT

jen said...

you guys are beautiful, loren. she looks fabulous in green.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog