Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Life As Norman Whiskers: Shaving and Laughing Hairballs



Last night my Lady was reading a kid's book about Ancient Egypt to big brother, and I overheard something interesting. When a pet cat died in Ancient Egypt, its owners shaved their eyebrows off in mourning. I later asked my Lady if she would make that sacrifice for me when I passed over the rainbow bridge.

"No way" she said decidedly.

Later, during my bedtime prayer, I told God I would let the groomer shave my head if He would drop a steak on the rainbow bridge for Hell Hound. Then I wouldn't have to get rid of her myself and feel so guilty. My Lady overheard my words, but she did not scold me. Interesting!

This site (below) is awesome and I put it over on my Lady's sidebar. It makes me laugh up hairballs and I go to it every morning during breakfast. All you cats in the office right now, I'm sure you can relate to this one:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/06/11/funny-pictures-boss-cat-is-giving-you/

-Norman Whiskers

3 comments:

Bear Midnight Miller said...

Did somebody say steak? Where is that rainbow bridge? I can't see so well now I'm advancing in years.

Stefunkc said...

Norman, I'm becoming quite a fan! Am I'm not even a cat person:)

Caity said...

I love Norman Whiskers posts! This one is super cute. I never knew that about Egypt either!

Thanks for all the comments lately, Loren. I appreciate them. I am getting a bit stressed and nervous but I'm confident that everything will come together in the end. :D

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog