Friday, June 19, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

The site Faith and Family Live has an activity for moms to participate in on Thursdays. (Click on the picture above to go there.) List and link three small successes related to parenting or do it in a comment on their site. Link your post back to theirs to share. Here are mine this week:

1. I took the kids to the aquarium on Thursday and they were inspired to raise allowance money to sponsor an injured sea turtle. This morning big brother cleaned his room, dressed himself and got me a glass of ice water, going above and beyond his chores. This might be a good way to lead into teaching them about giving.

2. The princess sat through her first big girl haircut at the beauty parlor and stared into the mirror with a very serious look.

3. Baby Bigfoot climbed over his pack-n-play wall this week, then proceeded to laugh and pump his arms in response to his accomplishment. I did not cry while putting it away for good.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like your disclaimer when someone leaves a comment . . . I have been thinking of doing something like that on my blog,now that I am opening it up to more visitors.

Thanks for the nice comments about my blog. I have trouble getting my teeth brushed too ;-)

Your list is great! Keep up the good work. I am glad to meet you. I really like your blog.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Three kids all making big steps in growing up, all in their own way! I love it!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog