Friday, July 31, 2009

Say It Forward Friday

Mom Blogs



Say It Forward – Carnival of Loyal Commenters is a weekly carnival at 5 Minutes for Mom.com where I can feature my loyal commenters and read about featured commenters on other blogs.

This week I'd like to highlight:

The Koala Bear Writer who blogs in Canada. She has been a great fiction coach, guiding me with short stories I have attempted here. I won't give away her real name because I'm not sure if she wants me to do that, but I will say my Koala blogger friend is an accomplished creative writer and freelance journalist who serves as editor of the newsletter, Fellowscript. She's written some very encouraging comments to me. Here is one she wrote about a post I wrote called Birth:

"Amazing! You capture the feelings so well here! I'm totally with you, and I think I would be even if I didn't know exactly what you were talking about from my own experience. You should get this published."

Another great blogger who visits me and comments often is Kim Zook from Zook Book Nook. Kim blogs in Virginia, focusing on the relationship between her roles as writer and mother of two beautiful girls. Kim has also won several writing contests, and her blog has a wealth of resources for writers. In September I will have a chance to submit a guest post for the blog associated with her new e-zine The Motherhood Muse. This is very exciting. Here is something really supportive Kim wrote to me regarding my post An Unforeseen Friendship:

"I'm crying and have shivers from reading this post. Wow! What an amazing story, persons, and gift. Thank you for sharing such a personal experience with us. It reminds me how important it is to take the time to stop and talk with someone, because so much can spring from a little encounter if we're willing to give part of ourselves to someone else. Thank you!"

Finally I'd like to tell you about Caity who blogs from Long Island, NY. Caity and I met last winter in person. She and her husband, then fiance, came over my house for Pre-Cana class. Pre-Cana is a program that the Catholic church provides for engaged couples seeking the sacrament of marriage. So Caity and J witnessed the children chaos, the strange pets and the sassy talk between Milk Man and I for several weeks. Then they still got married. It's a miracle, my friends. :) Caity has learned a lot about the tech end of blogging and she has helped me a bit too. So glad to keep this connection with you Caity! Here's a comment Caity sent about a post I wrote called Contemplating Love that I really appreciated:

"Aw, beautiful entry. We are also having that reading at our wedding next Friday! Congratulations on being married for 10 years! It really is great to read about such an amazing marriage as I hope to have one very similar."

I want all of you who visit me to know I appreciate your comments and I plan to continue to highlight my commenters every Friday in Say It Forward. Happy Weekend.

-Loren

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ah, thank you! I really enjoy your blog, it's so honest, so unique! I can't wait to have you on my new blog!

caitysparkles said...

I can't believe I missed this post. Good thing I go through entries more carefully when I have time. Thank you so much for the highlight, Loren. :)

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog