Monday, August 17, 2009

Gratitude List




Every week I write a post about gratitude in order to get into the habit of living in this perspective. Sometimes I write a list, and other times it's just one thing. Last week my husband and I did several day trips with the kids. We went to Fire Island, Manhattan, and a Farm in Riverhead. It made me reflect on the diversity of landscapes around me, and how lucky I am to live on Long Island. So, this week I am thankful for being able to live and raise a family in such a wonderful place. Readers, tell me what you are thankful for...Send a comment.









Above: Outside The Museum of Natural History doing "The Pigeon Dance," Harbes Farm, Riverhead, Daddy has to carry tired Princess in Times Square, Manhattan, Big Brother plays in the ocean at Davis Park, Fire Island.

6 comments:

Milk Man said...

Very nice pictures, captures the wonderful landscape and diversity of New York .

Milk Man said...

I like the one you just added. The play list is coming in handy as I catch up on a mountain of paperwork.

Putz said...

i am gratful i can live as myself even though when i sit in glitter or wear a t shirt with skulls and crosses on it maroon{just because i like it} that i don't get arrested or listen to waylin willie sing about momma's not letting their kids grow up to be cowboys...p.s that t shirt was sitting on a rack in jackson hole wyoming for fifteen years until i bought it for 2 dollars, and i wore it to a church{christian" where they said to wear anything you had, and i took them up on it..what other place could this happen????no where else i figure

Caity said...

Yeah, Long Island is a pretty nice place and I take it for granted sometimes when I really shouldn't. Josh is planning to take me somewhere tonight. All I know is that it's a little car ride to go somewhere he's found outside tonight. We'll see!

Deb said...

yes, you are lucky, indeed! i feel that way about this area, around washington dc.

love the photos

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I would be thankful for a husband that takes the kids on day trips!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog