Monday, August 31, 2009
Monday Gratitude List
"We should be immensely thankful to God at every moment of every day. If God gave us nothing more than our existence and the chance, the opportunity to learn to love Him and our neighbor, that we might experience the beauty and goodness of Love Himself in an eternal, intimate embrace, we would have reason to thank Him at every moment of our lives." (42)
So here is my list, with some blessings revisited.
I am thankful for:
1. my loving husband and children
2. my parents, brother, extended family, my husband's family, and my friends
3. cooler weather and wind (I like wind in mild doses.)
4. Ralph's chocolate Italian ices
5. Fresh tomatoes from my sister-in-law's garden (best eaten whole with salt)
6. My friends' beautiful newborn, and the risk they took after much sadness, Joshua Michael....
7. Those times that I was almost hurt, or even killed, and walked away unscathed thinking it was miraculous.
Tell me what you are thankful for this week...
Dear Internet Traveler,
Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.