Thursday, August 06, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton



Faith and Family Live highlights the parenting-related successes of bloggers each Thursday because-

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph."

How to Participate:
Write up a list of 3 of your recent Small Successes. Then post them on your blog along with the Small Successes button (go here to get the code). Link to the Faith and Family Live site so others can visit you. Don't forget to look at the successes of other bloggers, it's a great way to make new connections. Here are mine for the week.

1. This week I officially moved baby Bigfoot's toddler bed and dresser into big Brother's room since he has been sleeping better in there. (He is two years old and his brother is six.) Then I made his little bedroom my new office. I'm not sure what my "office" is used for besides letting me pretend I have office work to do. I can also read, sew and write in peace here...maybe. (I sew quilts for fun.)

2. My town has a fantastic public library. In June I took all three children to get picture ID library cards and they have been borrowing regularly all summer. (Big brother even does book reports for the reading program.)

3. I got a full night's sleep last night.

8 comments:

ViolinMama said...

ooooh, I love #3. That's MY goal for tonight!!! After a nap now...lol

Congrats on the big move for Bigfoot. It can be so bittersweet for mommy....so good for you!

thank YOU for your kind words....I echo them here for you as well! God Bless you!!!

munchesmom said...

Congrats on your successes this week! I'm so envious of #3. It's been so long since I've had a full night's sleep:( I LOVE your slide show below. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Sarah Reinhard said...

Really, I think #3 is quite an accomplishment. I'll toast to that. :) The other too, as well -- isn't the library great? :)

jenX said...

thinking about giving myself credit for small successes makes me feel good. thanks, loren.

Deb said...

none of your successes seem very small to me!! i think they are pretty big ones!

i used to enjoy taking my boys to the public library when they were small. i am a sucker for books!!

Caity said...

Great successes! I do love your town's library. I used to tutor there last year and spent a lot of time there. I still have to check out my library where I just moved.

I got a full night's sleep last night too! Yay!

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

Add to that the fact that you remembered to post your Small Successes column on Thursday. I forgot this week! If I had read your post yesterday I would have remembered. Oh well.

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

That makes 2 weeks I didn't post my Small Successes. Oh well I think driving 900 miles with 4 kids is a pretty BIG one!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog