Friday, September 25, 2009

Fiction Friday

Thanks to Kim for directing me to Mama Kat's writing prompt today. I also pick number 4:

If you were a super hero, what would your super power be?

If Loren could have a super power, she'd request the ability to give people an instant sense of pure joy and peace, no matter what suffering they are facing at the moment. Loren would have red feathery wings, and a wand. (She would not be required to march in parades.) Fairy dust would also be a fun accessory, and the ability to appear/disappear so she could get in and out of dangerous places. Oh, and poly-fiber clear plastic slippers with pom poms are a costume must. So, anyway, when Loren touches someone with her wand, then the sparkling dust would surround him/her, and he/she would be bathed in warmth and light. Make that rainbow light. Don't laugh, this may be her dream job.

Here's a peek at the scheduled titles for next week's posts on Dude, Where Am I?

Monday Gratitude List
Our Founding Mothers Are Rolling in Their Graves (Elizabeth Oakes-Smith research)
They're Not My Kids, They're Orchids (gardening)
Be Holy, Human (A book review)
Open Wide and Imagine that Humility is Bubble Gum Flavored (Sainthood Project Journal)
The Baptism of Hell Hound (and her miraculous conversion to Man's Best Friend)

Happy Weekend.

4 comments:

Putz said...

kind of ambitious aren't you??????i love miraculous conversions{ oh also i have been converted once again to blogging} blame rhymes wit, he is so supportive and jim and lucy and anywho

Loren Christie said...

Hi Mr. Putz, Well I'm glad you are blogging again! I've been sitting on these ideas for posts for a few weeks. I'm working on finishing a novel-sized work of fiction and I've been devoting most of my writing time to it in place of blog posts. Meanwhile my notebook of funny Christie kid comments is filling up and I haven't done a thing with it. It's very exciting however, to be set on finishing something that I can potentially publish or self publish. "Slow and steady wins the race."

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I love this! So do you have those posts pre-written or is that what you hope to work on?

Loren Christie said...

Hi Elizabeth, These posts are partially pre-written in notes and mostly in my head. So. the truth comes out, Mr. Putz. :)

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog