Monday, September 07, 2009

Monday Gratitude List

I've set Monday as a day to reflect on the things I am thankful for. I've been doing this list since last Lent (March). My lists are a bit like the song "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. I've noticed over the months of listing is that much of what makes me feel blessed is food-related. Here's my list for this week:

1. Faith, Family, Friends are always my #1 blessing.
2. Autumn is such a beautiful time of year.
3. School starting has become a bit of a relief for me now that I am staying home with children, which is the opposite of how I felt when I taught.
4. I'm working on some interesting projects that make me happy.
5. Fresh vegetables that are abundant this time of year make life nicer.
6. Goo Off cleaning product
7. Panera Bread Co.
8. Mr. Norman Whiskers
9. discovering the delicate beauty of Orchids
10. bug spray

Readers, Tell me what you are thankful for this week. Send a comment.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

I love your list! We could have used bug spray today when we got attacked by mosquitoes at the beach.

Loren Christie said...

Hi Elizabeth. Thanks for the comment. The bugs are out of control this week on LI. A mosquito bit me through two layers of clothing. They made me stop gardening.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog