Saturday, October 16, 2010

List of Fall 2010 Posts

Hello!

Welcome to my personal blog, where I write for fun. Below are my planned posts for Autumn 2010. This is a running list, so expect it to grow throughout the season. Thanks for reading my work.

Happy Fall!

-Loren

Here's a new motherhood story:

Sometimes, Kids Make Good Life Coaches

and another post about motherhood at MaMaZinA Magazine:

We Interrupt This Program For a Test of Mom's Other Identity

Click
here to order a print subscription to MaMaZina.

If you come here to read my posts about Elizabeth Oakes Smith you'll enjoy -

Appleton and ALVINnnnn! Oaksmith: They Sure Drove Mom Crazy

Under faith I have:

Beginning an Oplatki Family Tradition

and a book review for The Catholic Company:

Already There: Letting God Find You by Mark Mossa, S.J.

and a book review for Tiber River:

U Got 2 Love by Fr. Stan Fortuna


3 comments:

Putz said...

it looks like you might be back.,.,.,.,.><><> did you have a productive writing summer or tooooo busy with all your ducks, waddling and quacking all in a row?????????????i didn't blog muchmy second son from a first marriage moved down here"10 miles away and they are here so i play with the grands or read them stories instead of write><><>love to here from you in your upcoming posts><>did read a vew articles in your mamama magazine though

Loren Christie said...

Mr. Putz! So happy to hear from you! It must be nice to have your son and the grand kids closer to you. Since the summer I've been adjusting to a new work situation that involves writing full time, so, I have to find a consistent day or time of day to write here.

This summer I devoted my time to a little book project invovling my motherhood posts that a friend is helping me edit. We're in the second round of edits and I'm really excited about that. I'm going to self publish it because I'm tired of wasting time querying agents. My dream is to use the book as a fundraiser for mothers in crisis, but I'll be satisfied just to accomplish the goal of publishing.

I think it's really important for me to keep posting here because creative writing is good for my health. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll get into a routine.

Take care and I hope to hear from you again soon!
Loren

Putz said...

hi sweeeeteeee, just checking in to see if anything new>>>enjoy articles about your italianess and motherhood>>>.those things really go together and oh restuarents also

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog