Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Blog Gave Birth: It's a Book!

I Hope God is Laughing: confessions of an imperfect parent is a memoir that I pulled out of this blog. The project took me three years. My good friend Frank suffered through several edits with me and taught me that "cannot" has never been, nor can it ever be two words, ever, even if it looks like those two middle letters want a divorce. I blush to say that I should have known that.

The chapters begin with illustrations (used with permission) from cartoonist Lynn Johnston's book: Do They Ever Grow Up? which is now out-of-print. Johnston is most well known for her award-winning comic strip For Better or For Worse.

A portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to The Life Center of Long Island, a non-profit organization that supports mothers facing crisis pregnancies. This cause is important to me. Thank you very much for reading my blog and supporting my creative endeavors.

The book is available through Amazon.com and through the publisher, Lulu.com. Lulu is a print-on-demand self-publisher. I've been very over-excited about this incident of self-publishing all day. I bought bubble gum cigars for all my friends. I hope I calm down soon.

Click on the title to view or purchase I Hope God is Laughing: confessions of an imperfect parent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

really an eye opener for me.

- Robson

Anonymous said...

Yes, really.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace dale tuck

Anonymous said...

Thank you amazing blog, do you have twitter, facebook or something similar where i can follow your blog

Sandro Heckler

Loren Christie said...

Hi Sandro- I'm wondering if you meant to write Sandra - anyway, yes, on the left sidebar you'll see a way to follow or subscribe to this blog. Thanks so much. I haven't posted lately but I hope to do so again soon. Sincerely, Loren

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog