Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Holiday Desserts for the Kids

How come my strawberry mice don't look like the picture in the book?!
Strawberry Mice and Pilgrim Hats

Let the blog record show what I go through in my attempt to be a fun mommy. I admit, my version of Strawberry Mice and Pilgrim Hats is not as visually appealing as the picture in the cookbook, but people don't care when the food involves strawberries, marshmallows and chocolate. I'm prepared to be made fun of by certain adults at the Thanksgiving dessert table. Nevertheless, I will be left with an empty tray, I'm sure.

Strawberry Mice

I gave up half way through the making of these because it was too tedious for me. So I just dumped the remaining strawberries in the middle.

Make the eyes, secure the tail and chocolate chip nose with Magic Shell chocolate.
Almond slices make the ears
use licorice for the tail
pull the green leaves off the strawberries, don't slice the bottoms off

Pilgrim Hats

This is the lazy version, because the whole marshmallow is supposed to be covered in chocolate. Use a shortbread cookie for the base and almonds for the buckle decoration.

No comments:

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog