Friday, January 13, 2012

Grandma Vincenza's meatballs and pasta


I love meatballs and pasta

 Eating a dish of spaghetti and meatballs is one of life's simple pleasures. This is probably my favorite dinner and there is absolutely nothing fancy about it. My grandmother gave me the meatball recipe. Add a salad and loaf of bread and I'm so happy. This is the first dish I'm teaching my kids to cook. I think they need to know how to make meatballs and cook pasta to survive in this world. Right? 

Ingredients:

1 lb Turkey chopped meat
1 peeled clove of garlic
bread crumbs -Italian Panko
pepper and salt
Italian seasoning
2 eggs per pound of chopped meat

brown meat in oil and garlic

Directions: mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Form meatballs.
In a deep frying pan on low heat, brown meatballs in two tablespoons of olive oil and and garlic clove (added).
Add a jar of sauce and simmer meatballs for a half hour.
Serve over cooked pasta of your choice with Parmesan cheese.



My cooking assistant



2 comments:

Putz said...

how cqn anyone make meatballs and exclude the beef?????

Putz said...

read my blurb on wurtzboro new york, i bet you don/t even know where that is????????

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog