Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chicken & Vegetable Pizza

This is a Food Network recipe that I altered slightly. I think it's really healthy and filling as an entree. Make this for dinner and your family will think you're a chef.




Ingredients:

seven thin slices of boneless chicken breast
pepper
Italian seasoning
shredded mozzarella cheese
marinara sauce- homemade or your favorite jar
green peppers- diced
white onion- diced
baby mushrooms- sliced
tomatoes- diced
pepperoni- sliced
olive oil
garlic- minced
Bolboli Pizza crust- large
Boston lettuce

Directions:

On a greased pan, place Bolboli pizza crust in oven on 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Then remove from oven and cover with strips of lettuce.
Set aside.

Saute garlic in olive oil in pan and season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning and pepper.
Add the chicken to the pan- cooking it about three minutes on each side.
Leaving chicken in the pan, add sauce on top of chicken and then cover with cheese.
Then top each slice of chicken with veggies and pepperoni.
Simmer for about 10 minutes.

With a spatula, remove chicken from pan and place on top of pizza crust. Slice and serve hot.


No comments:

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog