|Fill the bottom of the pan slightly with water before baking the peppers.|
I may have messed up a lot trying to be a chef over the years, but I'm proud to say that this recipe I made up myself.
I was searching for a stuffed peppers dish online, but could not find one that I liked. So I decided to use parts of a Campbell's soup recipe for chicken and stuffing casserole to stuff peppers. So, yes, there is soup in this and it's good.
1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing prepared according to box directions
1-1/2 lbs cooked boneless chicken breast, cubed
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup- try to get low sodium version
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
10 bell peppers- red, green and yellow
2 jars of chicken gravy
pepper to taste
2 lbs olive oil
4 cups cooked white rice- prepared according to box directions
Directions for stuffed peppers:
- Slice peppers in half. Remove seeds and membranes. Simmer in a large pot of water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer slices to a large baking pan or dish filled slightly with water. Peppers should be set down inside up- like little bowls.
- Meanwhile, fill a pan with 2 tbs of olive oil and fry the cubed chicken. When meat is no longer pink, add can of soup and sour cream. Mix while on stove. (Do not add water to the condensed soup.) Set chicken in creamy mixture aside.
- Cook stuffing according to package directions. Add stuffing to chicken mixture. Stir it all with a large spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into each pepper half until all are filled.
- Bake stuffed peppers at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste and serve over cooked rice with gravy.
|Add the cooked stuffing to the chicken and cream and mix well.|