Friday, February 01, 2013

Puppy Bowl Chicken Soup

I made this soup while Indy, Norman Whiskers, my kids and I watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. We had to send the husband out to the store in order to steal the remote control. This soup is for humans,  but if you are watching the Puppy Bowl you have to share it with your pets!


Puppy Bowl Chicken Soup

To Make the Broth:
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
12 cups of water
1 large onion, sliced into wedges
2 carrots cut in half
2 ribs of celery sliced in half
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
2 bay leaves
15 whole peppercorns
A dash of fresh thyme

To Make the Soup:
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 ribs of celery, sliced and chopped
2 small chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tablespoon of salt - I use Kosher or Sea salt for better flavor.
5 oz of broad egg noodles
1/4 cup parsley, chopped

Broth: Combine chicken, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for one hour. Remove chicken thighs to a cutting board and shred meat. strain out all of the veggies, bay leaves and peppercorns. Return chicken to broth.

Soup: Bring broth to a boil and add carrots, celery, bouillon cubes and salt. Stir in noodles and cook about 25 minutes; vegetables should be tender.  Stir in parsley and cook a minute longer.
Watching the Puppy Bowl ...  Norman Whiskers is thinking: "Look at these ridiculous mongrels."

No comments:

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog