Friday, September 19, 2008

Movie Meme

I was tagged for this Meme by Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller. Thanks for thinking of me!

1. Which actor do you think hasn't gotten the attention he/she deserves?

I think Kate Winslet has done some outstanding movies, and she can handle Shakespeare. She can do all genres. I also liked Will Smith in the "Pursuit of Happyness." I know he was nominated for an Academy Award for that role, but still, I think he'd be great in more serious roles like that one.

2. What is your favorite movie line?

Um, I have a few:

"Does Barry Manilow know you stole his wardrobe?" -"Breakfast Club"

"I am not a dime a dozen." -"Death of a Salesman" (1985)



"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together. I have nothing better to do." -Indiana Jones (This is my ideal man. My husband, Milk Man, is almost exactly like this character, except he won't step off of cliffs and hop from moving vehicles. Milk Man is not fond of heights. He does have several shirts from the 1990's that look like that, though). (Picture at Left)

As they are about to be executed in medieval times, Ted says to Bill: "I believe our adventure through time has taken a most serious turn. " -"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" (This movie is so funny. It's the inspiration for the title of my blog because my life is a most comical, and interesting adventure through time!)

"A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets." - "Titanic"

3. What is the absolute worst movie you've ever seen?

There are several: Get Shorty" -I had no idea what was happening..."Lord of the Rings" puts me in a deep sleep...and the actors in "Oceans 11, 12, 13" have to get over themselves.

4. Is there a movie you hated when you first saw it and then later had to admit you were wrong?
"Superbad." It was so raunchy, but there was an aspect of truth to the "coming of age" theme, and that made some scenes really funny.

5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure movie - the one you're ashamed you enjoy?

Um,... "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" It's horribly offensive and wrong on so many levels, but really clever. Actually, I felt shocked throughout most of the movie, because I thought it was Anti-Semitic. Then I read a Bio on Sasha Cohen and found out that his father was a Holocaust survivor. This gave the movie more depth for me b/c I could see how the comedian is challenging stereotypes and indifference. Often, in Shakespearean works, the clown is ironically the wise man. So, in the end, I thought the movie was good in that it gave people something to think about. Please forgive me, I could not look away(:

I tag... Geraldo Rivera for this Meme. -Loren

No comments:

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog