Thank you for encouraging me to keep writing this blog. Here is a little gift for you and your family from mine. The day after Thanksgiving, when you want to spice up those leftovers, here's a recipe for you. It comes from the makers of Campbell's soup. (I'm a Campbell's soup kind of girl.) Have a wonderful holiday!
Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken Campbell's soup
- 2 cups of leftover veggies- (your choice, carrots, peas, string beans work well)
- 1/2 cup of potato or sweet potato (optional)
1/4 cup of milk
- about 1 1/12 cup of chopped turkey breast
- 1/3 cup of flour - to thicken mixture (if necessary)
- brown bottom pie crust in un-greased pie pan for 12 minutes at 450 degrees
- let crust cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix soup, milk, vegetables, turkey and flour in a large bowl.
- pour mixture into pie crust bottom.
- add pie crust top layer and make three slices in top. (for air release)
- Return pie to oven and cook for 30 minutes at 425 degrees, or until golden brown and bubbly.
Let the pie cool for about 15 minutes.
Serves about 4-5 people.