Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend Update With Hell Hound: Annual Spooky Picture


Hello non-edible device that mesmerizes humans. This is my frightening face, the one I make on the scariest night of the year: Halloween! I know I haven't written in a while, but I got an email a few months ago that offered on opportunity to earn my Doctoral degree online, so I signed up! Then I found a card in a wallet I was chewing and used the numbers to pay the laptop. Now I've put aside my duties for PETA, and I am earning a degree in Homeland Security Policy and Coordination. I think this degree will help me fulfill my dream of becoming top dog in the White House.

Tonight I took a break from my studies to whine and bark near the back door, reminding Alpha Dog, my mother, to take me for our annual Halloween walk near the grave yard fence. Every year she takes her camera and snaps a picture at midnight. I'm not sure why a human would take a picture of no one in complete darkness; I just chalk it up to her being odd. I try to ask her why we go this direction on this particular night, but she and I suffer from a language barrier. She is not smart enough to understand bark.

Tonight is no different than previous Halloweens. We trek out ever so quietly, while I employ some stealthy tactics that I learned in my course work, (and do my business). As she climbs the fence I bark, suddenly, in my Homeland Security Dog voice,

"Careful Mommy, I smell squirrels plotting terror!"


And the next thing I know she is screaming and flipping backwards. Good thing she does not fall into the cemetery this time. Wow, she is really clumsy. Anyway, here is your spooky picture for Halloween 2oo9. It is the most interesting one yet, even though we took it early (at 8 p.m.) because the Yankees are playing in the World Serious and my human mother is getting on in dog years.
Happy Halloween!
-Hell Hound

1 comment:

Caity said...

Haha what an appropriate photo of Hell Hound for the day! It's definitely scary! Happy Halloween!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog