Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Senator Abominable, Go Home!

I don't want to use this blog to rant, but I am so annoyed at Senator Obama's comments regarding his position on Abortion. I can't help myself. Here's a thought. I resigned from my job to be a full-time mother. Obviously, I get no salary, and yet, the welfare and protection of my children, whether born or unborn, is not "above my pay grade." If I were lucky enough to find myself in a position of political power, I would, in the very least, protect the most vulnerable members of society.

Mr. Obama, abortion HURTS women and KILLS human beings. Women who have abortions suffer emotional pain for the rest of their lives. This is because the decision to abort goes against natural instincts. Women should not be misled about the gravity of this choice that God gives them the free will to make.

Slavery was wrong, but many Americans lost their lives to protect this horrible practice. The Holocaust was wrong, but again, this was an evil idea that was defended and promoted by many. Americans should be allowed to be born, regardless of their health or physical limitations. Abortion should end, and it's plain and simple that politicians who are good people will do all they can to make that happen.

I want a president who is peaceful and cares about the human race. I know that's a tall order that neither party can deliver exactly to my liking. In the very least, the next president has to be pro-life, because I think the future of the world depends on the goodness of its leaders.

I hope that one day I will live to see an America where my great-grandchildren say to me, "Grammy, why did they perform abortions when you were young? That's a horrible crime." There's nothing radically different about Senator Obama's message. I see no change. GO HOME ABOM-INABLE! Thanks for listening...I feel much better now. (Expect another rant if Senator Obama becomes president.)




"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." -Winston Churchill

(Below is a video clip of Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., speaking at the March for Life in Washington D.C., 2008. Please turn off the playlist at the bottom of the page to hear the video.)


1 comment:

Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller said...

And what a loving message Biden sends when he says he's going to shove his rosary down the throat of the next person who says he's not religious! Uggh!

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog