Tuesday, September 02, 2008

One of My Role Models

Here is a video tribute to Mother Theresa from YouTube. She's one of my role models. Click the "stop" button for the playlist music on the bottom of this page before you click "play" on the video, (so you can hear it).

Here's something she said that I love:

"People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow,

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got ... anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God,

It never was between you and them anyway.."

This poem was written by Mother Theresa and is engraved on the wall of her home for children in Calcutta.

No comments:

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog