Thursday, October 09, 2008

Preparing for Natural Disasters, Other Than Myself

This one is for Romy.

Hi. I am baby Bigfoot. One of my favorite pastimes is making a stinky diaper in my secret hurricane shelter (the television cabinet). The Mayor of Lazytown recently sent a document home that outlines safety precautions that all families should take in case of an Act of God. Mommy says that does not mean a rainbow or free lunch, but a really bad storm. So I gathered up all the things I might need to survive for a while in that predicament.

First thing is my favorite farm animal, Hell Hound. If I get cold, I can just grab a fist full of her fur and pull. Next thing is my stuffed duck. He will be in charge of this battery powered radio that I found in the basement. Then, I will gather up some Cheerios that I stored in my Lego wagon last week for this type of emergency. Of course, I'll need a few sippy cups too, and that crazy plastic horn that sucks snooglies out of my nose. I'll need a wooden spoon from the kitchen drawer to make S.O.S. sounds. I can't forget one of daddy's dirty black socks that he wears when he plays dress-up businessman, so rescue workers can smell my location. Also, I'll need big brother's remote control dinosaur to scare away squirrels if a tree comes through the den wall. Finally, I'll need something really dangerous to chew on, like a rock from the driveway, or pocket change, just to pass the time without electricity. Okay. I'm ready. Bye.

-BaBy BiGfOot

3 comments:

Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Ah yes, what they consider important... very funny! Today my hubby asked me to please not feed the baby my cell phone or the coasters (since we only have two). So far he hasn't said anything about keys... her favourite. I mean, hey, that's the ONLY thing that she demands to have and complains when I won't give them to her.

Romy and Andrew said...

Hi baby Bigfoot!

I would like to hide with you. It sounds like you have good supplies for an emergency. I will add to your booty by bringing myself, Lala, cheese (the kind in the red wax that I have to open myself -- don't help me!!!!!!), a ball and a cell phone ... broken or not and my Lala blanket. We would be set for life ... but maybe our mommies could come visit.

-Page

Anonymous said...

Dear Page,
That sounds like a good plan, my friend! I'll meet you there after nap time.

Dear Internet Traveler,

Welcome to my writer's blog, started about six years ago for fun. Over time, the writing I have posted has ranged from personal reflection, to Long Island history research, to tall tales for my own amusement, to feature articles for local newspapers. As you can see from topics listed here, I travel in many mental directions in regard to interests. Click on the tabs and labels to explore my strange mind which senses that you may be having a criss-cross day. If so, perhaps this blog will distract you. However, please note that if you tell me my blog is beautiful just to get me to advertise rhinoplasty surgery and cheap drugs from Canada in your comment, I will ask the gods to give you a tail that cannot be concealed.

Fondly,

Loren Christie

Be Our Guest!

Be Our Guest!
Come tour the John Scudder Havens Historic Homestead at 15 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY. Click on the picture for more infomation.

Search This Blog